Thursday, December 4, 2008

Magical Paper weights!

I hardly find these old fashioned paper weights in the market anymore. Or maybe I ain't seeing in the right place. Whatever the case maybe, I possess two such paperweights and I consider them to be precious.


I saw these little glass rocks on top of my doctor's table. I was six years old, I think -as I grow older, it is becoming increasingly difficult to remember numbers!! It caught my attention immediately. To me, it seemed like there was a little world inside these glass rocks -a magical world of colors, shapes and spaces. I still remember one thing vividly, the first glass rock that I saw had some kindly of a under-the-ocean-life theme, blue, yellow, red, green coloured, confetti concocotion, which seemed to have a life of its own and I wanted to be THERE.
Now that I have grown older and obviously wiser, and now that I know how these glass rocks are made -the mystery is gone, but the magic still remains -in technicolour everytime I see these old fashioned paper weights!

No comments:

Blog Archive