Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Here's to natural light :)



For a long time I resisted using artificial lights while shooting. I enjoyed the challenges of shooting in available light. Then I discovered that shooting with strobes can be equally challenging and fun -it's akin to painting with light. But, every now and then I go back to my roots -i.e shooting in available light.

Today, I did an interesting food shoot at Zaffran on St.Marks Road, Bangalore; foods that are made with ingredients considered aphrodisiacs. It's for the Sunday edition of Bangalore Mirror. Will post the pics and recipes here: www.su-kitchen.blogspot.com

This was shot in between shots at the food shoot. There was beautiful, soft, natural light filtering through large windows -delightful!

Compose, focus and click -shooting in natural light is that easy :)

No comments:

Blog Archive